- My name is Sharrukh Zaman. I am a Computer Science PhD Graduate from Wayne State University.
- My research interest is on cloud computing, combinatorial auctions, virtual machine allocation, game theory, and mechanism design. My advisor was Dr. Daniel Grosu.
- I graduated in December 2012 and joined Epic System, Verona, WI as a software developer in March 2013. You can view my resume here.
- Dec 10, 2012: My paper titled "Combinatorial Auction-Based Allocation of Virtual Machine Instances in Clouds" has been accepted to the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing.
- Nov 27, 2012: I defended my PhD Dissertation today. My dissertation committee members approved the dissertation and thus my PhD requirements are complete! After completing a few formalities, I will be awarded the PhD degree in May 2013 commencement.
- Oct 26, 2012: I have been selected as an Epic Campus Ambassador so that I can make connections between Epic and Wayne State. I highly encourage Wayne State students who want to stay in the Midwest and work in a cool company after graduation to consider Epic for their career. Please go to the career page or email me about your interest. Do not hesitate if you do not like software development. There are many roles you can fit in.
- Oct 09, 2012: I have scheduled my PhD Dissertation Defense on November 27th, 2012 at 9:30am. The location is 3rd floor conference room in the Maccabees Building. This historic building houses our department with many other department and offices. Computer Science occupies half of the second floor and the entire 3rd and 14th floors.
- Sep 28, 2012: I accepted a job offer as a Software Developer at Epic Systems, Verona, WI. Epic creates software for healthcare organizations and holds about 40% of the market share in this field. I am excited to start my new career!